So where are you from? :-)

Montag, 22. März 2010

Football

I always loved being in football stadiums. No matter what team played. It's about the great atmosphere. You don't get that anywhere else. In a football stadium I feel strong and comfortable. A beer in one hand, greeting familiar faces with the other. Clapping and shouting as if my parents had never taught me any good behaviour at all. In football stadiums I feel at home. To me they are like my old sofa where I can put my feet up and relax.
And then there is the FCSG (FC St. Gallen). Only a few years ago I would have rather burnt in hell than missing a match of my most beloved football team. When I used to work in Ireland I even flew from Dublin to Switzerland just to see the FCSG lads play. Back here I'm living barely 15km away from the stadium. And yet I decided not to spend yesterday afternoon in there. I was afraid I'd miss out on a delicious dinner. I had never hoped for that day to come so soon.....but it was suddenly here: I prefered food to a football match!
I mean, how sad is that?
I wish I could name the feeling that had overcome me yesterday. It was some kind of a total laziness... Or sluggishness. A friend of mine suggested to take me to a mental institution until I would be given the all-clear. ;o) But there was no need for that.
When I woke up this morning, it was here again. The urge, the inner desire to pilgrim to the stadium. And I realized I can't wait for saturday when the FC St. Gallen is playing against the FC Zurich. FUSSBALL ÜBER ALLES! :-))
Feli withouth football would never work! And thank God for that :-)

2 Kommentare:

  1. I can feel the spirit of the sport here ..bravo!

    ..and thank you for choosing to follow my blog 'observation deck'. I hope it isn't too boring ..;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hoi du Feleli :)
    danke für sdurägeh vo dinere Blog adresse. finds voll guät gmacht :) leider chan i nöd so guät englisch wiä du aber i han dä text trotzdem versuecht zverstoh und finds schön und irgendwie au luschtig.
    i hoff es goht dir guet?
    vermiss di äs bitzeli :)
    uf bald und än dickä kuss!
    din Manu

    AntwortenLöschen

Thanks for your comment. :-) I really appreciate it!